This VoIP solution combines
best-of-breed technologies from Freescale Semiconductor, Mentor
Graphics, Global Edge and TeleSoft International. The TeleSoft
CompactSIP stack is integrated with the Mentor Nucleus RTOS & TCP/IP
stacks together with the Global Edge codecs and ported to the Freescale
Coldfire MCF5234/5 VoIP EVM to create a complete low cost VoIP
reference design. The software components are designed specifically for
embedded solutions and require a minimum of memory space and processor
bandwidth. This efficient and cost effective solution has a low cost of
manufacture and is ideal for OEMs and ODMs wanting to minimize their
technical risks while accelerating time-to-market of their products.
Primary applications include IP Phones, Mobile
Phones, PDAs, Set-top boxes, IP PBXs, ATAs IADs, Voice Gateways, Medical
Instrumentation, Fire/Security, Factory Automation, POS CPEs and ATMs.
- Best-of-breed technologies
- Minimal memory space
- Fast time to market
- Standards compliant
- Low manufacturing cost
- Single highly integrated processor
- No DSP required
- ANSI C code for easy portation
The CompactSIP SDK from TeleSoft International is a
highly optimized SIP stack solution that combines a very small memory
footprint for high performance with no compromises on functionality and
scalability. Space-efficient operation and superior performance are
maximized due to use of hand-crafted parsers that avoid typical code
bloat caused by parser generators.
Nucleus PLUS RTOS
The Nucleus PLUS RTOS from Mentor Graphics Embedded
Systems Division is a high performance micro kernel based real-time,
multitasking operating system designed specifically for
embedded applications requiring deterministic, real-time responses
while consuming a minimal memory footprint.
Nucleus NET TCP/IP
The Nucleus NET TCP/IP stack from Mentor Graphics Embedded Systems
Division is a feature-rich TCP/IP stack that is highly versatile, small,
quick in execution and ideal for real-time, multi-tasking applications
such as VoIP. Nucleus NET includes a sockets API for ease of adding a
range of applications.
The voice codecs and analog functions from Global
Edge Software are customized and integrated with the hardware and
software modules to provide a clean and efficient VoIP solution.
- RFC 3261 – SIP: Session Initiation Protocol
- RFC 3262 – SIP Reliability (PRACK)
- RFC 3263 – SIP: Locating SIP Servers
- RFC 3264 – SDP Offer/Answer
- RFC 3265 – SIP Specific Event
- RFC 1321 – MD5: Message Digest Algorithm
- RFC 2327 – SDP: Session Description Protocol
- RFC 2617 – HTTP Authentication
- RFC 2806 – URLs for Telephone Calls
- RFC 2833 – RTP Payload for DTMF Dial Digits,
Telephone Tones & Telephony Signals
- RFC 2915 – NAPTR: Naming Authority Pointer
- RFC 2976 – SIP INFO Method
- RFC 3204 – MIME Objects for ISUP and QSIG
- RFC 3489 – STUN: Simple Traversal of User
Datagram Protocol (UDP) Through NATs
- RFC 3550 – RTP: Real-Time Transport Protocol
- RFC 3515 – SIP Refer Method
- RFC 3581 – An Extension to SIP for Symmetric
- RFC 3665 – SIP Basic Call Flow Examples
- DNS Query/Response
is tight and fast:
- Support for methods, headers, and message
processing is configurable to save memory.
- Smallest configuration fits in less than 100KB.
- Just-in-time parser avoids parsing headers not
used by SIP stack or application.
- Optimized handling of timers avoids high
- Crafted parser eliminates parser-generator
is easy to use:
- Low-level API provides complete control over all
SIP functions and message content.
- API supports multiple independent services
- Easy to add special method & header
- Separate SDP and SIP parsers.
ports to any environment:
- Portable to all memory models, including flat,
heap, pool-based, and mbuf or zbuf.
- Object-oriented API supports direct
function-call interface, inter-task and inter-cpu messaging.
- Highly scalable – no built-in limits other than
those required by the system itself.
provides a broad development and debugging environment:
- Sample applications demonstrate usability of
- Debugging features provide
compile-time/run-time details for messages & event logging.
TeleSoft International is a US-based, leading
provider of “Protocols for Developers” for telecom applications. We
license source code Protocol Stacks for VoIP, PPPoA, PPPoE, ISDN, Q.931,
Q.921, QSIG, ML-PPP, PPP, Frame Relay, T1 RBS, E1 CAS R2 & X.25 to
OEMs and ODMs worldwide.
Note: Information in this datasheet is
preliminary and subject to change.
TeleSoft International ·
Saturday, July 3, 2010